Construction Law & Real Estate Disputes
Kenney & Sams, P.C.’s Construction Law Group offers a wide range of legal services to parties on all sides of the public and private design and construction process, including contractors, architects, engineers, developers, owners, construction managers, design-builders, subcontractors, suppliers, and manufacturers. We advise our clients both before and during their projects on how to best manage their risks. This includes negotiating and drafting construction and design professional contracts for commercial, residential, retail and multiple-use structures. When necessary, we litigate disputes for our clients, including those concerning payment, defective work, changes in the work, termination, delay, mechanic’s liens, and bonds.
Our industry experience and involvement provides us with the expertise and current knowledge of industry issues necessary to properly advise clients on risk management issues. To maintain our knowledge of the construction industry, we actively participate in numerous industry organizations, including serving on the boards governing several of them. We regularly speak at industry meetings and write concerning construction risk management issues and developments, and strive to bring this information to our clients.
We believe that the best legal representation encompasses more than providing just traditional legal advice. We seek to develop long term relationships with our clients as partners in the risk management process and in that capacity, look to provide them with risk management education.
Representative Construction Law Projects
- Successfully defended a national construction company at trial against claims of negligent design and construction at a major public works project.
Represent general and subcontractors in all phases of negotiating and drafting construction contracts
- Represent general and subcontractors in delay, constructive acceleration, and cost productivity claims
- Represent owner in trial involving wind power project placement
- Represent hotel development company in negotiations of development agreements for design and construction agreements
- Represent real estate owners and developers in the negotiation of design and construction agreements