Laura M. Raisty
Laura M. Raisty counsels and defends employers in matters related to employer-employee relationships. Laura advises companies of all sizes, including non-profits, on how to handle workplace disputes involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing, wrongful termination, breach of contract and wage and hour matters, among others. She also performs internal investigations when allegations of wrongdoing arise. Certified by the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) as a Trainer in Workplace Harassment Prevention, Laura provides trainings on discreet topics for clients.
Laura handles the full range of employment-related litigation, arbitration, and mediation matters before courts, administrative agencies, and other tribunals around the country, in addition to the MCAD and Massachusetts state and federal courts. Her well-rounded practice also includes representing individuals in connection with employment contract negotiations such as severance arrangements, non-competition agreements, and compensation packages.
Prior to joining Kenney & Sams, Laura was Senior Counsel with a litigation and employment boutique law firm in Boston handling a range of employment related legal matters for clients. Across her career, Laura also worked in a large law firm counseling a Fortune 500 company and resolving employment-focused legal matters as they arose. Laura’s work experience includes usability and enforceability of restrictive covenants, investigations of discriminatory harassment and disparate treatment as well as counseling related to employee handbooks, COVID-19, and other employment policies and procedures.
Laura is a strong communicator and responsive advocate for her clients. She is known for her ability to break down complex legal scenarios into digestible components. Her clients appreciate her ability to anticipate future employment law-related needs and proactively advise on how to avoid complicated workplace issues. Laura is recognized as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in the area of labor & employment and was lauded as a rising star for many years in the area of employment defense litigation.
- Boston Bar Association, Member of the Labor & Employment Section Steering Committee
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- President of the New England Chapter of the Fordham Law School Alumni Association
- Guidance Issued for Federal Contractors on Vaccine Mandate and Requirements for Masking and Social Distancing
- News From the White House: COVID-19 Vaccination Mandates for Federal Workers, Federal Contractors & for Employers with 100+ Employees
- Recent State and Federal Developments on Use of Noncompetition Agreements
- As of May 29, 2021, the Mask Mandate Will Be Lifted in Massachusetts For Those Who Are Fully Vaccinated
- New Development for Massachusetts Employers: COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave