Alexander R. Zwillinger
Alex Zwillinger is an experienced litigator who resolves disputes for companies and individuals efficiently and effectively. Alex handles general business litigation, representing both defendants and plaintiffs, involving the real estate, technology, construction and healthcare industries.
Alex counsels clients concerning a range of complex disputes and has particular experience in resolving allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets shareholder disputes and other employment-related disagreements. He applies a thorough and strategic approach to advocating for clients who appreciate his professional and responsive style. Alex manages all aspects of the cases he works on including demand, discovery, trial and appeal to achieve results and add value.
Prior to joining the firm, Alex was an associate at a Boston-based litigation boutique where he handled a range of business litigation, government investigations and white-collar criminal defense work. He regularly practiced in federal and state court as well as before the U.S. Department of Justice, Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Before entering private practice, Alex served as a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts in the Public Corruption and the Narcotics and Money Laundering Units, working closely with Assistant U.S. Attorneys prosecuting fraud, bribery and financial crimes. Additionally, he served internships with the S.E.C. and the U.S. Department of the Treasury. This diverse experience provides Alex unique insight into effectively resolving all manners of conflict.
- Represented a real estate developer in ongoing business disputes with other shareholders in a close corporation.
- Represented a homeowner in arbitration and Superior Court proceedings against an architect and builder relating to serious design and construction defects.
- Represented individual executives and employees of a pharmaceutical company in connection with a DOJ anti-kickback investigation.
- Represented the chief financial officer of an internet technology company in connection with an SEC investigation into alleged securities fraud.
- Represented a physician who sat on the board of directors for multiple drug companies in connection with the production of confidential business documents.
- Boston Bar Association, member