Kenney & Sams, P.C., is an excellent place for talented and motivated professionals to build their practice and excel in successful careers. We embrace a collegial, team-oriented approach in all that we do. We endeavor to foster a work environment that is built on positivity, creativity, strength and growth. At K&S, our clients and team are our top priorities. Individual and client success stories are shared and celebrated because we are proud of the work that we accomplish as a team.
K&S offers competitive salaries, along with a generous benefit package.
Kenney & Sams, P.C. is seeking a litigation associate to join its growing practice.
Qualified candidates should have 3+ years of experience, preferably in a law firm setting, representing clients in civil matters. Candidates must be licensed to practice law in the state of Massachusetts. Successful candidates should also have deposition and motion experience. Litigation experience in the following practice areas is preferred: employment, construction, torts, business litigation.
Additionally, candidates must have:
- An ability to work as part of team.
- Exemplary client relations skills.
- An ability to successfully and simultaneously manage projects.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent writing, document drafting, research, analytical and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism.
Though excellent lawyering is the foundation for success at K&S, for those who are interested in business development, we offer training and the opportunity for independent, highly motivated lawyers to build a thriving practice.
Kenney & Sams, P.C. is currently seeking a litigation assistant to add to our support team.
This position may be for you if you are a positive, well-organized, self-motivated individual with a passion for providing outstanding client service and associate support.
The successful candidate must have at least three years of professional law office experience, be familiar with all aspects of civil litigation procedures, be an excellent communicator with a positive, team focused attitude, and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Calendar management & docketing; monitor calendars and case deadlines, conduct internet & legal research, review online court dockets
- Efficiently manage both state and federal court filings
- Create, edit, proof and finalize documents accurately and timely: preparation of general correspondence, basic motions, discovery requests, basic complaints, etc.
- e-filing in federal and state courts
- Document management / Document review
- Discovery & Exhibit preparation
Candidate must be detail-oriented and produce work in an accurate and timely manner. The right candidate must be responsible, outgoing, friendly, reliable, flexible and have experience working in a fast- paced environment.
If you are interested in joining a growing team of exceptional lawyers and having the opportunity to work with exceptional clients, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
*Kenney & Sams is an Equal Opportunity Employer.