Michael Dickman is a litigator who resolves business, construction, and insurance coverage disputes. An integral part of the firm’s trial team, Mike touches all stages of trial preparation for the civil litigation process including substantive research, written discovery, depositions, motion practice, witness preparation, and mediation. With an attentive and agile style, Mike’s experience spans disputes related to toxic tort, insurance defense, personal injury, real estate, as well as products, premises and professional liabilities. Mike’s experience includes advising clients on matters spanning the construction, automotive, energy, pharmaceutical and insurance industries. Mike represents clients in state and federal court, and before administrative agencies.
Mike is an emerging leader in local bar organizations, where he serves on the Board of Directors for the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association and Massachusetts Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. He is also a member of the MBA’s Access to Justice section council.
Prior to joining Kenney & Sams, Mike was an associate in the Boston offices of two regional, civil litigation law firms where he worked on a variety of commercial litigation matters.
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Foundation Fellow, 2022-present
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Directors, 2021 – present
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 2021 – present
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2022 – present
- Access to Justice Section, Council Member, 2022 – present
- Leadership Academy, Fellow, 2021-2022
- You’ve Got Mail! (And Unnecessary Stress): A Call For Relaxed Email Expectations In Legal Practice
- Is Bezos Coming For My Job? Artificial Intelligence And The Future Of Legal Practice
- Attorney-Client Relationships In The Metaverse
- SJC Holds That Parties Cannot Contract Away Willful or Knowing Violations of the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act, Chapter 93A
- Massachusetts’ Independent Contractor Test Does Not Apply When Determining Whether An Entity Is A Joint Employer, The FLSA Test Will Apply
- On March 31, 2023, Mike moderated the plenary session panel during the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division’s annual symposium. The panel, comprised of members and co-chairs of the Supreme Judicial Court’s Standing Committee on Lawyer Well-Being and the MBA’s Lawyer Well-Being Committee, discussed best practices on promoting well-being and avoiding burnout. For more information, please click here.
- On June 3rd, 2022 Michael P. Dickman presented on “Artificial Intelligence and Its Impact on Legal Practice: Now and Moving Forward” at the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association Annual Meeting. For more information, please click here: https://lnkd.in/gNZJUUMH
- On February 25th, 2022 Mike Dickman moderated the MassDLA Trial Practice and Young Lawyer Division Remote Seminar. This lecture, geared to associates and anyone looking for a refresher, highlighted trial preparation strategies to make the most of your defense. Watch here: https://lnkd.in/dHwGz77H
- Massachusetts Rising Star, 2022